Bright recruits for new Contracts Manager to join their team
Bright is the fastest growing and most recognised agency to emerge in recent years. Our artists are acknowledged as the leading new lights across publishing, art licensing and advertising.
As Contracts Manager you will be essential to the running of our company and your role will be of critical importance to our day-to-day operations. The role is the point of intersection for Artists, Agents, Finance and Marketing and requires an upbeat and professional attitude as well as being organised and forward thinking. You will be responsible for maintaining existing relationships with artists and clients and to act as a reliable source for internal and external communication. You will also assist in the negotiation of new and exciting deals. As manager, you will be relied upon to communicate effectively to your stakeholders within the team.
- Managing and negotiating deals for new contracts
- Manage the contractual process, and ensure all departments follow the process correctly
- Stakeholder to all legal matters – from the initial deal, to the signing of the contract
- Input all contractual information for contract sent to artist, including rights review and royalty percentages and publication dates.
- Scanning and recording artist contracts into Bright’s internal system, Sparklebox
- Manage calendar of publication dates and feed through to Marketing for promotional activity
- Oversee payment from clients on all advance contracts
Contracting new artists:
- New Artists administration – issuing contracts and ensuring signed and filed correctly
- New Artists administration – recording contact and bank information
- Review and maintain artist/agency commission rates
- Work with Gallery staff on Artist Gallery Annex addition sent to artist
- Advance Royalty – ensure correct royalty payment against contractual terms
- Develop and maintain royalty tracker system & royalty management reporting, enhancing Bright’s service to our artists using existing and developing systems
- Manage recording of co-edition sales information of Bright artist titles; from royalty statements to updates for email news alerts
Working closely with other Bright departments:
- Marketing – ensuring correct publication dates are recorded so that they can run campaigns on picture books and plan content schedule to include upcoming publications
- Artist Co-ordinator – report when new artists have signed and hand over for artwork process. Follow up with lightbox selection to create annexes to send artists and record.
- Agents – work with so they can invoice the signature stage of the job
- Finance – matching royalty income to statements and credit control for signature payments
Salary, hours and benefits:
- 9am – 6pm, 5 working days a week
- Health Benefits and Pension Scheme in place
- Reporting to Eamonn O’Domhnaill
This is a very exciting opportunity for the right individual. We are looking for someone who will join our team who is able to hit the ground running and continue to nurture and grow the Contracts Manager role with a sense of ownership and enthusiasm, helping us continue to be the most progressive agency for artists in our industry. If you are interested in applying for this role or require further information, please send a covering letter along with your CV for the attention of Hayley Constable: email@example.com