Celebrating Another Great Year at Bright USA!
Illustration by Fiona Woodcock
Thanks to our artists and publishers for helping us achieve such success for another year! With our London office cheering us on every step of the way, we’ve reached some incredible heights these past few years… and we’re excited about what’s to come. Here are just a few of our highlights:
This year we made these top deals…
…we shared some great news…
- Katy Hudson’s Too Many Carrots was a smashing success, landing the #1 spot on the Publishers Weekly Bestsellers List for 3 weeks and counting! It was also selected twice as a Barnes and Noble featured title on special promotion and received a number of positive reviews
- 4 Bright artists were featured in the 2016 Society of Illustrators Original Art Show – David Litchfield, Benji Davies, Jarvis, Yasmeen Ismail. The Original Art Show is an annual exhibit created to showcase illustrations from the year’s best children’s books published in the U.S.
- We hosted yet another smashing Holiday Party at our brand new Midtown office
- Anne Moore Armstrong shared great insight about the path an artist can take from art school to book publication
- James Burns was featured on Penguin Art Director Giuseppe Castellano’s blog to discuss the importance of having an agent behind you
- We trekked across the globe to meet with publishing partners, attend book fairs, present at conferences, visit artists, broaden our Bright network, and attend the annual Bright Artist Picnic
As we celebrate another Bright USA birthday, I am delighted to sit back for a moment and reflect on how we’ve grown over the last 5 years, with a permanent office and team in place for the last 2. We’re now a mighty team of five, with a roster of over 50 talented artists who live in America, a sunlight-filled midtown office space, and a great deal of bestselling, highly recognized, top-quality books out there in the world. I’m also so proud of our USA agents—James, Anne, and Robbin—as they skillfully team up artists and publishers, as well as pitch amazing original Bright author-illustrated content. This coming year, we look forward to seeing even more great work between our artists and publishers, digging up more highly talented American artists, expanding the US team, hosting another awesome holiday party, and reaching as many readers as we possibly can!
- Alli Brydon, Head of US Office
…we published some incredible books…
Published with Albert Whitman & Company
Published with Abrams/Amulet
Written and illustrated by Fiona Woodcock
Published with Little Bee Books
Published with HarperCollins
It’s easy to celebrate another year for Bright in the US, as I so enjoy working as a US team together and look forward to securing book deals for our multi-talented artists. From their personality packed characters to rough story dummies to full blown beautiful picture book art—the range, quality and quantity of what Bright USA artists offer our clients worldwide is astounding and I am so proud to help grow their artistic careers as a part of this dynamic, creative agency.
- Anne Moore Armstrong, Creative Agent
…we recruited top talent - and here are just a few…
It very much feels like I get to celebrate every day at Bright USA. It’s not hard to imagine why, from the amazing roster of creatives I represent to the good and the great of stateside publishing. Looking back at the last two years in the NY based office, I can only smile at all that the Bright family has achieved. Truth be told, I get a little giddy at what the next few years will bring.
- James Burns, Senior Agent
…and welcomed two new members to our team!
“Bright is the perfect name for this creative talent agency. The Bright artists and team radiate a sunny, light, glittering approach to all they do! It’s a joy to work with our incredible talent and team!”
“In my young professional life, I’ve yet to encounter kinder, more passionate people as those who work in children’s books. The good vibes permeate the atmosphere at Bright. I’m so thrilled to be a part of a company which celebrates children’s literature to inspire incredible art.”
And now we’re off to BEA! If you’ll be at the conference and would like to celebrate with us and see the latest portfolio, please get in touch!