Work Experience in Literary Agency – Applications Open Until September 30th 2014
Bright is looking for an enthusiastic literary work experience to join our busy publishing agency based in London. The ideal candidate will have an interest in children’s publishing, from picture books to middle grade with a literature degree or similar. The role will be predominantly editorial and administrative focussed, however design skills would be a plus (but not essential). There will an element of phone-time so you will need to be confident in taking direction and speaking direct to clients. You will be working closely with both literary agents and the MDS personal assistant to help support the re-launch of our successful literary agency alongside providing support for any administrative tasks related to our current systems upgrade.
Bright is an incredible successful publishing agency in the middle of a really exciting period of change. The successful candidate must be able to commit to six weeks minimum and should be prepared to listen, learn and work independently. This is an incredible rewarding work environment for the right candidate. Expanding the literary team is on the cards and passion, enthusiasm and intelligence will be noticed.
Please apply with you CV and a covering letter which answers the job description in full. Please also include a paragraph of no more than 500 words answering following question
What do you think is the role of a children’s publishing agent?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying for the role. Please note: This is an unpaid internship. There is a daily food and travel allowance.
- To support the re-launch of Bright’s literary agency
- To provide administrative support throughout ongoing systems upgrades
- Provide fully proofed, on-brand copy for digital and print marketing
- To work with the literary agents to gather essential publication information
- To feedback and talent-spot from the submissions inbox
- To support the illustration agents in creating bespoke art collections
- Ad-hoc administrative, editorial and simple design tasks
- Great attention to detail to assist with copy-writing, copy-editing, structural editorial, proof-reading
- Organisational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, growing business
- Ideally some experience with indesign, wordpress and campaign monitor
- Confident, personable phone manner