Bright is Looking for a New Children’s Publishing Assistant
Location: London (Battersea)
Job Title: Children’s Publishing Assistant
Hours: Full Time
Deadline: 31st August
We are ideally looking for a graduate with a degree in children’s illustration with experience within the publishing industry to join us in assisting our agents!
Bright is a young, vibrant, innovative agency based in Battersea, South London, representing international award winning artists and literarytalent across the publishing, art licensing and advertising world, and we’re on the hunt for an enthusiastic new Children’s Publishing Assistant to join our Dream Team!
This is a very varied and exciting role for a motivated, creatively-minded individual bursting with initiative and a passion for allthings children’s publishing, marketing and design-oriented. Your responsibilities will be agency-wide and will include, but not be restricted to, processing of artwork, portfolio design, preparation of promotional/marketing materials, designing online marketing/website elements, maintaining artwork and design files, supporting the agents and studio manager with other general administrative tasks.
- Update the website
- Update the blog
- Design portfolio sheets
- Update Social media Facebook
- Sending out email campaigns
- Processing artwork
- Save and file images
- Assist the agents on putting together Portfolios
- General admin support for the agents, including contract processing and updating orders on our in house system
- Being on hand to support the artists and clients when agents are at meetings or at trade shows
- Offering Phone support to the Agents during busy times, taking and making calls
We are looking for someone that loves children’s books, has a thirst and understanding for the publishing industry, with a creative and design background with a great eye, organised and diligent, with great social skills. Preferably you will have experience in a similar design/ assistant role.
- Must be able to use Photoshop, adobe suit, html would be useful, familiar with drop box, word press and campaign monitor and mail chimp.
- Must have experience working in a Publishing House.
- Ideally you would have a degree or masters in Children’s Illustration.
The pace is fast, and a willing and responsive attitude is essential, but – for the right person – this is a fantastic opportunity to realise your untapped potential, grow and flourish within an inspiring, highly-talented and super-friendly company that is breaking all the barriers!
If you’d like to be considered, please drop us an email with your CV and a little about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘Children’s Publishing Assistant’ in the subject line.
We can’t wait to hear from you!