Bright USA recruits a new Agent to join their team
Bright USA—a branch of Bright Group International, one of the fastest growing and most recognized children’s creative talent management agencies representing world class illustrators to emerge in recent years—is seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic sales person to be an agent who represents our talented illustrators within the children’s publishing industry.
Our business is growing, and we are looking for a superstar agent who is energetic, self-motivated, and results driven to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience in sales as well as a strong interest in children’s books. The role requires you to build on existing relationships, create new opportunities, visit clients, meet and exceed targets, have a keen eye for illustration and trends, and manage projects; it requires a high level of dedication and passion, exquisite problem solving ability, and a positive, can-do attitude.
Agent, Bright USA
Competitive Salary, Commission, & Full Benefits Package – New York, NY
Main Job Responsibilities
- Manage and achieve revenue from a robust artist portfolio and established publishing client list
- Achieve pre-determined monthly and annual revenue targets
- Prospect potential new clients
- Promote Bright’s artists
- Manage the creative and career growth of Bright’s artists, and help to artistically develop their portfolios for the children’s book market
- Develop new business across various publishing sectors
- Be sales focused at all times, and proactive in finding and closing deals
- Make sales calls through email, phone, and in person
- Represent the company at relevant trade shows and industry events, both nationally and internationally
- Manage projects from start to finish
- Troubleshoot project management, client concerns, and artist concerns
- Deliver a thoughtful and ethical service to our artists and clients
- Maintain and build our current reputation within the industry
The successful candidate will be confident, ambitious, and target driven, with exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects, clients, and artists. We are looking for an individual with minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales. A background in children’s publishing, licensing, or advertising would be highly beneficial.
This is an amazing opportunity for the right person to join one of the most exciting and forward-thinking agencies in the industry! Bright’s unique approach to representing world-class and award-winning authors and illustrators proves successful time and again, and we offer a dynamic, fun, and friendly place to drive your passion and grow your career.
If you think you’re perfect for the role, please send your resume and cover letter describing why we couldn’t live without you to the attention of Isabella Jaye: email@example.com