Celebrating One Month of Bright USA
These amazing books from our artists were already released this year!
Bright USA is in full swing, and we’re already celebrating exciting successes and a positively radiant roster of stateside talent. Notable outlets like Publishers Weekly and The Bookseller have covered the launch of our US company, and we continue to receive impressive submissions from gifted artists around the country. (To submit your own work for consideration, read more here.)
Speaking of gifted artists, we’ve been busy signing up brand-new talent with a variety of striking styles:
Our agents have hit the ground running, making key connections and sharing artist portfolios. We’re pleased to have signed many impressive new deals, including:
- Zoe Waring to illustrate Truck Truck Goose, in a 2-book deal with HarperCollins/Katherine Tegan Books
- Pierre Collet-Derby in his debut author/illustrated book Barnaby, Candlewick Press
- Rebecca Ashdown to illustrate Even Fairies Fart, HarperCollins/Katherine Tegan Books
- Stephanie Laberis to illustrate Prudence, the Part-time Cow, Macmillan/Henry Holt
- Jen Hill to illustrate Be Kind, Macmillan/Roaring Book Press
- Clive McFarland to illustrate Leaves, A Counting Book, Penguin Random House/Nancy Paulsen Books
- Tom Knight to illustrate The Big Bed, Macmillan/FSG
- David Litchfield to illustrate When Paulie Met Artie, Candlewick Press
- Stephanie Laberis to illustrate Pretty Kitty, Macmillan/Henry Holt
- Maxine Lee to illustrate Today, I’m a…, a 4-book series with Macmillan/FSG
- Jen Hill to illustrate Spring for Sophie, S&S/Paula Wiseman Books
- Becca Stadtlander to illustrate The Swiss Family Robinson, Penguin Random House/Spain
- Lee Wildish to illustrate two more Jean Reagan books, Penguin Random House
- Ben Mantle to illustrate A Cooked-Up Fairy Tale, Penguin Random House
And look out for these children’s books from our artists, publishing later in 2015!
- Binny Talib illustrating The Very Stuffed Turkey publishing in August, Scholastic Books
- Doreen Mulryan Marts illustrating Even Monsters Say Goodnight publishing in August, Capstone Books
Bright USA has lots more in store, and we’re excited to see you this week at BEA! For last-minute appointments with Anne Moore Armstrong and James Burns, please contact Alex Gehringer, email@example.com.
And follow along as we live tweet around the fair from @BrightGroup_USA using the hashtag #BrightBEA and #BEA2015.