New Year, New Job: Bright is looking for a fabulous Editorial / Illustration Agent
Editorial / Illustration Agent
The Bright Literary Agency (BLA) is a boutique children’s literary agency representing the most fabulous new talent to grace the publishing industry in recent years. Our authors and illustrators have won both this year’s Red House Children’s Award and the Sheffield Book Award, and we have 3 books nominated for the Roald Dahl Funny Book Prize.
The position calls for someone with strong interpersonal skills, proven sales experience and the ability to liaise closely with artists and writers to generate outstanding content in all genres of publishing (picture book, novelty and fiction) and secure the right opportunities for our authors and artists. An editorial and commissioning background in children’s publishing or previous agenting skill is essential, preferably within the domain of picture books. The role requires you to build on existing relationships, create new opportunities and visit clients. Proof-reading and copywriting skills are essential.
Other roles include:
- Project-managing commissions from start to finish
- Awareness and experience of the American market
- Managing the Literary Agency website and updating the news pages across the four divisions of The Bright Group
- Proof-reading internal and external documents (press releases, promotional material, etc)
- Art directing sales material and creating marketing campaigns
- Brand development with the licensing team
- Attendance at all International Book Fairs
The pace is fast, and a willing and responsive attitude is essential. Bright has a fresh and successful approach for discovering, nurturing and managing talent.
If you’d like to be considered, please drop us an email with your CV and a little about yourself to Elley@brightgroupinternational.com stating ‘Editorial / Illustration Agent’ in the subject line. The deadline is 20th December 2013.